The GEICO Commercial Insurance Department put their heads together and came up with a contest to challenge their associates to donate as much food as possible to help local families this holiday season. As you can see the team really committed to making a difference and collected an abundance of food for the FRFB.
The director of Commercial Othello Powell provided the team with a great quote for this time of season, “It is one thing to understand that there are less fortunate people in the world, but it’s something entirely different to do something about it. Today, you did something about it. Your charity will be part of what a family is Thankful for this season”.
This year’s Leader In Sports Football Auction will begin on November 30th on B101.5 during the afternoon drive time from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
As in the past years, 100% of the proceeds will go directly to the Food-4-Families School Food Pantry program.
This year’s auction items are:
- Football signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers Star QB Ben Roethlisberger
- Football signed by Hall of Famer Class of 2015, former Pittsburgh Steeler Jerome Bettis
- Custom Jersey autographed by Washington Redskin Star running back Alfred Morris
- Dallas Cowboys Seat Bottom signed by: Ed “Too Tall” Jones Cowboys Icon & Super Bowl Champion, Hall of Famer Mel Renfro, Starting QB for Super Bowl V Craig Morton, Ring of Honor Lee Roy Jordan, Fan Favorite & 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Bill Bates, Former Starting QB Danny White, All Time Interception Leader for the Cowboys Everson Walls, Ring of Honor Cliff Harris, Super Bowl Champion Dan Reeves, Very FIRST Starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys Eddie LeBaron (RIP), Ring of Honor Drew Pearson, Super Bowl Champion Herb Scott, Super Bowl Champion Cornell Green, Super Bowl Champion Bill Joe Dupree, Super Bowl Champion Dave Edwards and Super Bowl Champion John Niland
- Redskins Legend Football signed by: Bill Kilmer, Alfred Morris, Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, Russ Grimm, Joe Theisman, Charley Taylor, Dexter Manley, Joe Jacoby, Chris Hanburger, Jeff Bostic, Richie Petibon, Rick Doc Walker, Jay Schroeder, Ricky Sanders, Charles Mann, Roy Jefferson, Jim Lacey, Pat Fischer, Brig Owens, George Rogers, Paul Laaveg, Bill Brundige, Fred Dean, Joe Washington, Ted Marchibroda, Boyd Dowler, Jimmie Jones, Ron McDole, Neal Olkewicz, Keith Griffin, Mike Nelms, Dave Robinson and Ed Simmons
It starts with one CAN. To lift the spirit. To change the world. To END Hunger!
On Thursday, January 14th the Spotsylvania Towne Centre will begin the transformation as teams from throughout Planning District 16 will begin building CANstruction sculptures throughout the mall.
Students, veterans, community, and business leaders with the help of engineers, architects, contractors, and designers will form 5-person teams to build sculptures out of canned goods depicting how one can make a difference in the lives of the hungry right here in our community.
Judging for the “People’s Choice Award” will be open to the public through the donation of one canned good per vote, on Saturday and Sunday with the official judging for all other categories taking place on Monday, January 18, 2016.
All proceeds benefit the Fredericksburg Area Food Bank.
Winners will be announced at the official awards ceremony on Monday, January 18th.
Team Registration Ends on January 5, 2016! Register Today!
For More Information on Registration
Contact Cynthia Lucero-Chavez at firstname.lastname@example.org or (540) 658-6695
For More Information on CANstruction and Sponsorship Opportunities
Contact Dayna Klein at email@example.com or (540) 371-7666 ext. 131
A showcase of marching band talent to benefit the FRFB presented by Stafford County’s High School Marching Bands at Mountain View High School in the Football Field. Gates open at 5:30 PM and the first band will perform at 7:00 PM. Donations of non-perishable food or cash donations are gladly accepted. Monetary Donations can also be made online here.
Marching bands from Brooke Point, Colonial Forge, Mountain View, North Stafford & Stafford High Schools will perform.
A showcase of marching band talent to benefit the FRFB presented by Stafford County’s High School Marching Bands at Mountain View High School in the Football Field on Monday, November 9th. Gates open at 5:30 PM and the first band will perform at 7:00 PM. Donations of non-perishable food or cash donations are gladly accepted. Online donations can be made here.
Marching bands from Brooke Point, Colonial Forge, Mountain View, North Stafford & Stafford High Schools will perform. In case of rain BAND Together will be held on Monday, November 16th.
To help stop hunger, a point of sale fundraising campaign in select T.J. Maxx, HomeGoods and Marshalls stores will provide customers with the opportunity to donate $1, $5, or $10 at the register on Friday, November 6th through Sunday, November 8th.
100% of all proceeds raised will be donated to the Fredericksburg Regional Food Bank. While shopping, look for the colorful red signs at check out and donate to help stop hunger in our community.
North River Dental Care will be collecting donations of non-perishable food to benefit the FRFB through the month of November. North River Dental Care patients will receive a $10 credit towards services for bringing in donations.
North River Dental Care is located at 10705 Courthouse Rd, Suite 118 in Fredericksburg (Breezewood Station Shopping Center)
With Halloween just around the corner, keep your calories low & help hungry families in our community with foodtweeks – the free app that donates to us each time you use it to trim calories from your favorite foods.
- Download the foodtweeks mobile app for your Android or iPhone. It’s Free!
- Create an account in the foodtweeks app. Also Free!
- When creating your free account, in the promo code, enter FREDFOOD.