It’s National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day!
How did peanut butter and jelly sandwiches come about? According to one story, during WWII American soldiers decided to combine their bread, jelly and peanut butter rations into a new treat. When the soldiers returned from the war, peanut butter and jelly sales sky rocketed.
In honor of this national holiday why not donate peanut butter and jelly products to your local food bank or food pantry.
Here’s a fun twist on a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Rolls
Things You’ll Need
- 1 Jar Peanut Butter
- 1 Jar Jelly
- 4 Slices of Bread
- Bread Roller
- 12×12 Baking Dish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lay all 4 slices of bread onto a flat surface. Use the bread roller to flatten the bread out.
- Take the knife and cut the brown edges from the bread, then cut each slice of bread in 1/2 diagonally, making a total of 8 triangle slices.
- Spread the peanut butter on half of each triangle slice, and spread the jelly on the other half.
- Roll each triangle into a crescent, starting at the bottom left or right point of the triangle. Do not roll the triangle at the top point.
- Place the rolls onto the baking dish, and bake for about 5 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy.