Peanut Butter Lover’s Day!
Did you know…
- The origin of peanut butter can be traced back to the Aztecs who would grind roasted peanuts into paste.
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12 ounce jar of peanut butter.
- Peanut butter is consumed in 90% of USA households.
- The amount of peanut butter eaten in a year could wrap the earth in a ribbon of 18 ounce peanut butter jars one and one-third times.
- Peanuts have more protein, niacin, folate and phytosterols than any nut.
- Peanuts are not in fact a nut, they are a legume.
- Peanuts and peanut butter contain over 30 essential nutrients and phytonutrients
- Peanuts are naturally cholesterol-free.
In honor of Peanut Butter Lover’s Day, we’d like to share with you a recipe for Homemade Peanut Butter.