Addison Everett, a second grader at Hugh Mercer Elementary, is turning 8 on January 27, and she is celebrating by holding her 3rd Annual Food and Funds Drive to help the Fredericksburg Area Food Bank.
Before her 6th birthday, Addison saw a commercial on the Disney channel that talked about a girl who collected shoes for a village. Ever since she saw it, she has been asking to “help people” for her birthday because “she has a lot of stuff and some people have none.” After touring the food bank during her first donation drop off, Addison decided to make giving back part of her birthday tradition.
She is hoping to grow the amount of food she collects each year as she grows bigger. Last year, she collected 1,341 lbs. of food. According to Addison, we need to “tell people who will tell people who will tell more people so everyone can help.”
Donations can be dropped off at these locations:
- PawnKing, Rt 3 West, Fredericksburg
- MVP Awards, Rt 3 East, South Stafford
- Mason Dixon Cafe, 2100 Princess Anne St, Downtown Fredericksburg
- Therapy Toolbox, 725 Jackson St #211, Downtown Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg Studio of the Arts, Five Mile Fork
- Ferry Farm Baptist Preschool (for church and preschool members only)
Private pick up can be arranged by emailing email@example.com