On September 30, the child nutrition bill will expire, and we need your help to convince Congress to get to work and make passing a strong child nutrition bill that invests in our nation’s children a priority.
We need your voice to join the thousands of advocates calling Congress today as part of our Child Nutrition Reauthorization national call-in day.
Help us spur Congress to action and strengthen child nutrition programs by calling today and spreading the word to your local supporters and through social media.
Call Congress Today!
Calling Congress is easy. Here’s how:
- Just dial our toll-free number, (888) 398-8702 and listen to the pre-recorded message.
- Connect to your House member first and enter your zip code.
- Once you are connected to your first Member of Congress, state that you are a constituent and give your name and the town you are calling from.
- Let them know you are calling about Child Nutrition Reauthorization and deliver this important message:
- I am your constituent and a Supporter of the Fredericksburg Regional Food Bank, and I’m calling about Child Nutrition Reauthorization. Too many kids in our community are not getting the food they need, particularly during the summer months when school is out. As a Member of Congress, you can do something about it. I urge you to pass a strong child nutrition bill that provides more options to get food to kids that need our help by providing flexibility in operating the Summer Food Service Program and streamlining program requirements for providers that operate both after school and summer meal programs.
Be sure to dial back in and speak with both of your senators as well.