The Church of Jesus Christ Latter-Day Saints had another wonderful Day to Serve event this year. A total of 5 Wards collected food for the FRFB for distribution to the hungry during this years Day to Serve. Beginning in September, the Chancellor, Spotsylvania, Massaponax, Rappahannock, and White Oak Wards began hosting food drives and collecting canned food items to help meet the needs of those struggling with food insecurity.
On behalf of all those you helped through service the FRFB would like to thank:
- LDS Massaponax Ward – Bishop Meppan, 366 pounds provides 305 meals
- LDS Spotsylvania Ward – Bishop Andrews, 1,076 pounds provides 897 meals
- LDS Rappahannock Ward – Bishop Jenkins & Edmonds, 856 pounds provides 713 meals
- LDS White Oak Ward – Bishop Bylund, 1,042 pounds provides 868 meals
- LDS Chancellor Ward – Nancy Cole & Kids, 6,196 pounds provides 5,163 meals
This year’s Day to Serve total equals 7,946 meals that will be provided to those in need in our community.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this Day to Serve for being willing to serve and serving so graciously.