This years CANstruction “Driving Out Hunger” was a smashing hit! A total of 21,625 pounds of food and $757 were collected equaling 19,235 meals that we can provide to those in need within our community.
Thank you to everyone who made this years event possible. Without all of your hard work and support non of this would be possible.
CANstruction 2017 Winners
- People’s Choice Award Winner – Rocky Run Elementary School’s Deliver Us From Hunger
- Most Cans Award Winner – Germanna Community College’s Hunger Crusher
- Structural Ingenuity Award Winner – Quality Expectations’ Together We Can Drive Out Hunger
- Best Meal Components Award Winner – Brownie Troop #63’s Delivering A Smile
- Original Design Award Winner – Fredericksburg Academy’s Nas Can
- Best Use of Labels Award Winner – Parkridge Elementary School’s Patriots Driving Out Hunger
CANstruction 2017 Judges
- Charles Donato, Dominion Virginia Power – External Affairs Manager
- Tracy Scoggins, DARE Officer with Stafford County Sheriff’s Office
- Jackie Palmer, McLane Mid-Atlantic President
- Andrew Burge, Woodforest Bank – Branch Manager
- Doug Walton, Minuteman Press – Owner
- Tara Estwick, Magistrate for Stafford County